life as we know it

Sunday, June 3, 2012

May Recap

May was a hard and a great month. Lots of working for the first half of the month. Then Nick and I had a friend of mine from elementary school come out to Colorado to visit. This also happened to be my birthday weekend! We had a lot of fun although the weather wasn't as cooperative as it usually is here in Colorado. We did a couple hikes, took a nice bike ride, attempted a brewery tour and had the opportunity to really catch up. We went to a BBQ at a friend's house for my birthday, too! It was so fun. AND there was a pinata. That was almost the best part. The real best part was that Nick made me a cake. Not just any cake, though. A cake that I had pinned on Pinterest. A RAINBOW CAKE. It turned out perfect and amazing. When you cut into it, the layers were completely separate. I know you've seen the picture already, but it was just that good that I'll share again:


I think he was pretty proud of his masterpiece. The week after my birthday, Nick and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. It was such a fun, relaxing weekend. We've come a long way in five years! I know, too, because I've been putting together a photobook for Nick of our first five years of marriage. I had high hopes that it would be finished in time. Amazingly, I still haven't been able to finish going through all our pictures and copying the ones I want into a separate folder. I have always been the picture taker but man, we have a lot of pictures.

In honor of our wedding five years ago and courtesy of the wonderful photographer Steph Carson, here are a few shots from the wedding.





We're looking forward to June, too. We've already had a great weekend this weekend (full of NOT working for me, YAHOO!), although it was still a busy weekend. We had the chance to participate in Sierra's Race Against Meningitis, both went to the dentist (oh the joys) and took care of some things around the house. 

No adoption news for us. Although I do my best to control my hopes, and I know better than to get too excited, I had thought things were moving faster. Unfortunately, they're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment