life as we know it

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Friends

I had a conversation with a dear friend yesterday. She said words I desperately needed to hear. God was in that conversation and I believe it was a transformation point for me. I have been trying to control this adoption process, which, to those that understand the process, is a joke. I have calculated everything. Worked harder than I have in my life. Last night I realized I'm not giving God the opportunity to work big miracles. I'm micromanaging my life and therefore cutting Him out. In essence, I've been saying I don't need His intervention. For those that have been keeping up with me recently, you might know I've hit rock bottom. I have nowhere else to go. You know what else I learned through that conversation? God needs me to do big things! YUP, He NEEDS me. NEEDS me to sit down and shut up.

I am going to be focusing on SABBATH. It's interesting. The idea of focusing on sabbath. A day of rest. During this resting time, I am going to be reconnecting with God, my family and myself. I'm looking so forward to it, although it is going against what I have believed for the last six months about work. I needed a change, and this is it.


You know how Dove chocolates have a little saying inside? I opened one the other day that said "Have no limits today." Dove got it wrong. I'm going to be putting up boundaries, stepping back from commitments and giving more attention to the most important things in my life. I'm looking forward to the blessings God has in store for this new phase of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment