life as we know it

Monday, March 26, 2012

Grocery Shopping

Some of you may know I'm on a really restricted diet for some health reasons right now, so it's safe to say our pantry and refrigerator have seen better days :) Poor Nick today apparently had nothing to eat for breakfast and wasn't happy with the cheese sandwich he microwaved for lunch (although he called it a grilled cheese because it made him feel better, but it was certainly not grilled). Needless to say, he texted me after work to let me know he was heading to Walmart to pick up a few things for work and would do a little grocery shopping while he was there.

An hour later when I arrived home from work, he still wasn't back. I knew that was a bad sign considering I've always known my husband to hate grocery shopping. I saw him pull up in the driveway and went outside to see if he needed some help carrying the groceries in. He told me now, saying he didn't want me to ruin a few surprises. Yikes, surprises from the grocery store.

He was right, though; I was surprised. His shopping also reinforced to me why my husband shouldn't go grocery shopping unsupervised :) Although the bill was significantly less than I expected, it's pretty clear he was hungry when he went to the store (and forgot he was no longer, nor has he been for five years, a bachelor!). I do believe our pantry and fridge are smiling right now, since they are stocked with items like these, although I unfortunately am unable to partake in the fun:





Don't worry, he also got bananas, oats and yogurt, too! Looks like I'm eating oats for another two weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment