life as we know it

Friday, May 11, 2012

End it.

Today I guest posted over at Give1Save1 today. I talked about an organization, 58:, who is on a mission to end poverty.
Here's what I said:
When you’ve seen severe poverty and the toll it takes on the people living among it, it’s beyond heartbreaking. Poverty breaks you and changes you; it’s overwhelming. I had learned that instead of allowing myself to feel so overwhelmed, if I felt I could affect just one person, it was worth it. Impacting even more people was great, too, but even one was worth the effort. I still believe that, but taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture, I realize that one really does make a difference. Each one of us, impacting another, creates this momentum of fighting, and beating, poverty.
Hop on over to The End? Period. over at Give1 to check out the entire post.


No comments:

Post a Comment