life as we know it

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I can't believe we're here in 2011 already. Nick and I have enjoyed the pretty good snow storm that came in Thursday and the temperatures have seriously dropped. Even Nick who LOVES the cold thinks it's a bit chilly.

Last night I was pretty content with the idea of lounging in my sweatpants, hoping to watch the ball drop at 10 mountain time and get to bed. Nick decided to stop by the neighbors house for a few minutes, came back home and said we were heading back over- together! I begrudgingly hopped in the shower and am happy to admit I was glad I did. We really do have great neighbors, and they have great friends and family. Lucky us. We played some games, ate, talked and missed the ball drop because we were having so much fun. I've always thought New Years was a bit overrated with the whole build up and need for big, expensive plans. I've found (other than our New Years spent in Rome in 2006) the best memories I have from ringing in the new year involve quieter nights spent with friends at home. I appreciate these times of fellowship with others and am so thankful to have those opportunities now.

Nick and I are sending in our visa applications for our upcoming trip to Ethiopia. We leave in 42 days and are SO excited. I have to admit I'm a little anxious about a few of the details coming together...mainly what we'll be doing with Duke. We have a few options, so we'll see how it all turns out. If God has brought us this far, I trust that He'll bring all the little details together. That gives me the most peace about it all. That, and the fact that we have a direct flight :)

We pray that you all were able to ring in the new year with friends and family and that 2011 brings you all the peace and joy in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and Nick, Kelly...and Duke, too. I'm sure God will take care of all of the details...you're absolutely right that He didn't get you this far to not complete it. He has you in the palm of His hands and is with you every step of the way, just as I/we are in thought and spirit. I'm glad you had good friends to be with as you welcomed in 2011. I have every confidence that it's going to be an absolutey wonderful year for all of us. Take good care. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved hanging out with you guys too! And you seriously didn't have to take a shower...I was looking for a good excuse to change into sweats as well. :)
    Good luck on your trip if we don't see you before then! Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kelly! We've been following your journey thus far, and can't wait to see what God has in store for you in 2011! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete